ClubbingFinally checked out the revamped Zouk/Phuture on Wednesday night, but don't ask me what I think of the new decor. The first thing I did when I got in there was to wolf down two flaming lambourghinis and then the girls plied me with long island tea so I can't really remember what happened after that, let alone how the place looked like. The funny thing is, I wasn't quite drunk because I was conscious of what was going on, I could walk straight, I would remove male hands that found their way to my body, etc. But apparently I turned into a pottymouth again, letting fly a string of colourful words every other second. Whoops. Alcohol always loosens my tongue.
I do remember how the bouncer made me cringe though. I was wearing my "I'm Juicier" tee last night and as we were getting our hands stamped, one of the bouncers thought my tee said "I'm Lucifer". I had to try very hard not to laugh at him when he said, "If you're Lucifer, I want to be in hell man."
Took some pictures but kept getting caught and stopped by the bouncers, so I only have a few to share:

Anyway, I bought false eyelashes from SaSa and decided to try them out last night:


For just $2.40, the lashes work great! They take a bit of getting used to, however - I had some trouble putting them on at first because they just wouldn't adhere, then I realised that I had to wait a while after applying the glue before putting on the lashes. Apparently the glue has to thicken and become tackier before the lashes will stay on proper. They lasted a night of dancing so I'm pretty impressed.
DanceThree hours (minimum) of dance everyday is no joke. Imagine life with a perpetual muscle ache. Groan. And today we did a bit of pairing up, with some carrying. So now I have bruised ribs, on top of a head-to-toe ache.
But I'm secretly loving it, actually. Even the warm-ups, with its punishing stretches and insane crunches. I'm finding perverse pleasure in the pain. So far it's been DP only, which is good really, because it gives my body some time to adjust to the spike in activity. Things will start getting intensive when Funka starts. First Funka practice next Tuesday! Can't wait.
BooksI've been reading voraciously to keep myself occupied. So much free time! Fengyi lent me her boxed collection of the Narnia series, and I'm down to the last book already. Sad. I'd have thought that seven books would last me longer than three days. Looks like a trip to the library is in order.
Chicken LittleI still can't quite believe that I actually watched Chicken Little. I never did intend to, and only watched it because I was out with Terence and he wanted to watch a movie, but nothing else was available. Ok, there were other movies that I wanted to watch, but I'm saving them to watch with the boy. So we settled for Chicken Little, and boy was I pleasantly surprised. I love how Chicken Little shivers in ecstasy when he's thrilled - a quiver runs through his entire body, accompanied by a look of bliss and a gurgle of delight. How endearing!
The ChallengeI was griping to Terence about how I seem to have lost my appetite for food - eating has become a duty rather than the joy it used to be, which explains the trouble I have putting on weight now. When something is a chore, and you're just going through the motions, it's difficult to be enthusiastic about it.
In a bid to revive my taste for food, he brought me to The Marmalade Pantry @ Palais Renaissance and treated me to the
Sticky Date Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It was an absolute dream. I don't think I've ever tasted anything better, dessert-wise. Now we're both supposed to write up a description of the pudding and see how different a male perspective can be from a female's. I think he's seriously going to just write one word: Yum. Anyway, I'm kinda lazy so I'll do this another time.
ying @ 1:38 AM