O U C H .
I'm having trouble sleeping and sitting because I've been utterly baked. Went to Sentosa to worship the sun with the boy and his JC classmates yesterday and spent too much time lying on my front reading and talking. So now I look nice and glowy from the front but I'm totally red behind. The only good thing is at least my butt isn't lily-white anymore. I have this birthmark on one cheek that's a patch of lighter-coloured skin and people usually think it's stretchmarks. That's what Kelvin thought anyway - he even asked Tom if I used to be fat! FAINT. I've been underweight since Primary Three, and the closest I got to being "normal" was when I piled on the muscle mass doing sports in secondary school, and upgraded to the <90% underweight category. Anyway, the birthmark is now a lovely shade of pink and blends in with the rest of my body. Maybe I should go tanning more!
Watched Harry Potter after work on Friday night and it was quite disappointing. It just didn't flow very well, with so many details left out that you'd be lost if you hadn't read the book. Like Tom. I guess that doesn't reflect very well on the quality of the adaptation from book to screen. Maybe we should have watched Aeon Flux instead after all - we wanted to watch both eventually, but I wanted to watch Harry Potter first while he preferred to watch Aeon Flux first. It was quite silly really, because we were having trouble deciding which to watch that night. There we were in the ticket queue, trying to come to a consensus:
Him: What do you want to watch?
Me: Harry Potter.
Him: Let's watch Aeon Flux instead; it starts earlier.
Me: Let's watch Harry Potter; we need to eat first anyway.
Him: There's more than enough time to eat even if we watch Aeon Flux. Harry Potter starts too late.
Me: But I really want to watch Harry Potter.
Him: I prefer Aeon Flux. It's our turn next. Ok why don't you make the decision.
Me: ...
Me: Ok, Aeon Flux.
Him: Don't lie!
Me: AEON FLUX!
- We reach the counter and stare like idiots at the guy -
- Long silence -
Him: Harry Potter, please.
Aw so sweet. It's funny how ultimately I would have been fine going with his preferences, and similarly he bowed to mine. Did I mention that I love this guy?
~~~♥♥~~~In other news...
Got to know Noelle on Friday, and finally figured out why she looked so familiar. As it turns out, we were actually both at the Kimage hair show a couple of years back: her as a dancer; myself as a model. She's wonderfully sweet and chatty, and an absolute pleasure to work with. So far most of the girls I've met in this line have been really nice, and even those who aren't exactly
sugar and spice and everything nice aren't as bad as the stories make them out to be.
Lots of pictures were taken by the official photographer covering the event, but I won't be sharing them here because readership is getting a little too high for comfort. The downside of using Blogspot is that I can't control the security level of my posts, unlike Livejournal. It's not big enough an issue to make me want to host my blog myself, because I can think of ten better ways to spend that money. Like ten pairs of shoes. The only thing stopping me from using my Livejournal account is the fact that it's going to be hell designing my own layout. Oh well.
Anyway, I'm now obsessed with false eyelashes thanks to Noelle! She's one of the few girls I know who use them on a regular basis for work; the rest of us just use mascara. They looked great on her; really stunning, yet quite natural and not obviously fake. I've used false eyelashes for dance competitions and performances, but it never occurred to me that they could be used for work. Noelle takes just seconds to put them on, which really is a lot of time saved when you consider how it takes forever to get perfectly mascara-ed lashes.
If you need a little more convincing, check out these great videos on how to use false eyelashes:
♥
Lower lashes♥
Upper lashes♥
Individual lashes
ying @ 8:38 AM