I went through this stack yesterday:

I'm slowly getting the hang of it. It feels a little strange to be suddenly studious.
But, as Sze very astutely observed, I can't have been maximising my potential if I had the leisure to indulge in photography. As he pointed out, "Confucius say that girl who takes photos of herself mugging is not really mugging." You got me there. But really, charting my progress in such a visual manner is more of a motivation than a distraction.
So that was yesterday. As for today...

Spent the rest of the night reading my notes in the lounge with the C3 girls, and rewarded myself with a Lifecella mask when I finally decided to call it a day:

As Fengyi says, it really is quite sinful to be using this every day, but that's exactly what I've done for the past eight days. Yikes. But it's not so bad because it's on sale - just $3.90 at Watson's for a pack of two. And as far as I'm concerned, the money's worth it! This is good stuff, considering the price - it calmed my sensitive skin, helps soothe breakouts, plumps skin with moisture, tightens pores, and leaves skin with a glow. But then again, I've been using it for eight days in a row, so it'd better have that kind of result.
Anyway, reading Lydia and Farah's posts made me recall how I've always wanted to perm my hair, but never did so (my mom did get my hair permed when I was 6, but that doesn't really count because it was against my will) because a) I've always been told by hairstylists that my rebonded hair wouldn't be able to hold the curls; and b) my hair isn't quite long enough to look good with curls. So today, when I saw pictures of their new perms, I was suitably enthralled and subsequently I got pretty excited when Farah told me her last perm was done on rebonded hair, and it lasted her eight months. Plus, she had it done at an amazing price at a reputable salon so I'm going to take the jump once my hair gets to waist-length.
It's only about midway down my back now, and layered quite a bit:

Funny thing is, the regrowth is starting to show and this is generally the time when I zip back to Kimage for yet another rebonding. BUT I'm getting compliments on my hair, mostly asking me if I did anything to it recently. When I went down to the office to collect my cheque, Helen didn't recognise me until I told her my name. Apparently I look like I did something to my hair, and it's making me look prettier. Uh, ok. (Thought: maybe it's an affirmation of the wonders of Lifecella masks!) And today when I popped into Siding's room, she asked the same question, and said my hair looks nicer. And let's not forget Twerp (ok, I'll stop the Hamster shit since I've been mean to you and I should be nice for once) who asked a week or two ago
the same question and told me not to do anything to my hair.
Oh well, I'll just continue to grow it out and see how it goes. But at least it looks like I can put off my next trip to Kimage. I usually go down every 6-9 months when the regrowth starts peeking out. My naturally wavy hair just doesn't grow out well. It's crazy, really, the price we pay sometimes in pursuit of "beauty". But nicer hair, better skin... Who could say no to that? As long as you know where to draw the line, I suppose vanity isn't that great a sin.
ying @ 3:08 AM