If you haven't been to
BeautifulPeople.net, you aren't missing out on much.
I only checked out the place a couple of weeks ago because there was a mini hoo-ha about it on the
CozyCot forums. Then, when I tried to click on anything, I found that I couldn't gain access to anything unless I joined the community. So I thought, what the hell, and applied just to satisfy my curiosity.
Then after applying, I discovered how inane the whole setup was. First, the rating system. For a three-day period, your profile is subjected to rating by BP members of the opposite sex. At the end of the three days, you're in or out depending on which way the arrow swings on the approval meter.
And here comes the most ridiculous bit. After you're in, your membership access is only valid for three days. If you want to continue having access to the forum and to the photo albums of other members, you have to
pay to extend your membership. Whoever owns BP is sure making a lot of money, judging by the number of people who actually pay to use it.
Anyway, a couple of BPers added me on MSN and one of them in particular started bombarding me with messages. This was at a time when I was busy with my schoolwork so I was in no mood to be nice. Especially not to someone who messages without reason and in the most atrocious English. So I blocked him. And yesterday he used another account to message me something along the lines of "FUCKING BITCH! Block me on MSN! Only I can block ppl, not ppl block me! Ugly Freak U R!" blah blah blah and I can't remember the rest but you can imagine. And then he disappeared offline immediately after that outburst so that I couldn't give him a proper piece of my mind. Er... whatever, dude.
So yes, how absolutely infantile. Such a childish display of anger at being blocked on MSN, and from a virtual stranger too. Tsk.
Enough ranting, on to the better bits!
PhotoAnother photo from Peter:

My favourite photo from him is still the second one though. Actually, I thought last week's shoot was pretty good, but it pales in comparison to yesterday's. I can't wait to see how the photos turn out.
DanceLast week of dance practices for DP this week! Margie's dance has been pretty fun, quite a bit of bootie-shaking and girly funk. But even though DP is taking a break for exams, I still have Dance Corps practices for Culture Night and Funkamania. Super tiring - I anticipate plenty of muscle ache. This is what my dance schedule looks like:
Wed7-9pm: Margie's dance
9-11pm: Culture Night dance
Fri8-10pm: Xilin's dance
Sunday8-10pm: Funkamania practice
Then next Mon and Tues there's more dance practice for Culture Night, and the actual performance is on Wednesday. On Thu, another practice for Funkamania.
I'm glad Freda put me on the reserve team for Funkamania. I don't really want to compete (we still have all the good dancers from last year's team, and I don't have to face the pressure of competition); all I wanted when I signed up for Funkamania was to walk away from the experience having learned something. Our choreographer is Justis, who's AMAZING. He's the best hiphop dancer I've ever seen, and a real professional. Nobody else I know even comes close. Can't wait for next practice!
ying @ 8:26 AM