Life & Times of Michael K, J.M. Coetzee
Survival in Auschwitz, Primo Levi
A Nice Girl Like Me, Abigail Bosanko
The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis
The Hot Zone, Richard Preston
Sash :: Definitely not a prude
Izzy :: Bold and brash enough to tell it like it is
Kenny :: Possibly the funniest guy from across the Causeway
Sophie :: She doesn't update often, but when she does, you're in for a good time
Mari :: Provocative, and in a good way - she churns out insightful entries that gets you thinking
Bryanboy :: Paris Hilton, reincarnated as a gay, asian twink? Hell yes.
Rockson :: Very Singaporean and very vulgar
PostSecret :: Where people send in their deepest, darkest secrets on the back of a postcard
SGSecrets :: Singaporeans unlock the skeletons in their closets
ITalk2Much :: If you need a little something new to read everyday, or if you like it when women get catty...
Tomorrow :: The latest and juiciest in the local blogging world
since August 15, 2005
---» PROFILE Everything you need to know and then some.
Name :: Ying
DOB :: 9 May 1984
Status :: In a relationship
Occupation :: Undergrad
♥ Fun :: Travelling, cuddling on a rainy day, surprises, intellectual stimulation, taking photographs, crafting, designing, reading a good book at the beach, dancing, watching people dance, meeting interesting people, checking out exhibitions and fairs
♥ Food :: Thai mango sticky rice, Chinese double-boiled soups, BK chicken caesar salad, brownies and ice cream, Gelare waffles, Subway meals, creamy prawn pasta, Crystal Jade congee and dumplings, Hawaiian anything
♥ Fancies :: Makeup, massages, shopping sprees, facials, lingerie, manicures & pedicures
♥ Flow :: R&B, hiphop, jazz, pop, live bands
---» HOOK UP You can find me if I want to be found.
MSN :: feine84@msn.com
Email :: feine84@yahoo.com.sg
Friendster :: My account
---» GALLERY Newest photos hosted by Flickr. More can be found here.
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to be sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one - not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safely in the casket or the coffin of your selfishness. But, in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, unredeemable. The only place outside heaven where you can be safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love, is hell.
- The Four Loves, C.S. Lewis
Monday, November 28, 2005
Another date to bookmark
9 & 10 December Metro storewide 20% sale
Finally! I'm well into my second tube of L'oreal Double Extension and having to spend $23.90 on a new tube every two months is causing some serious damage to my wallet. Er, ok, $19.12 for a mascara is still quite expensive but there's no point in buying something that doesn't do jackshit, even if it's dirt cheap. How do I justify the money that I spend on makeup and skincare? Well...
1. I need to be well-groomed for work. That means buying foundation that's a good match for my skin colour, makeup that stays on, and quality (not necessarily expensive) products that accentuate and enhance, as well as conceal and protect. I used to spend $45 on the Shu Uemura Basic mascara, but that was because nothing else worked as well. It's a good thing that I managed to find a cheaper substitute in the L'oreal Double Extension, or I'd be seriously broke. Every other mascara just doesn't do a good job at all in defining and holding a curl without clumping. Anyway, even though I've cut down a lot on my expenditure on makeup, I still feel the pinch whenever I have to replenish my stash. :/
2. Looking better is really just one way of showing consideration for others. If I didn't use concealer everyday, I'd probably scare strangers and friends with my dark eye circles and pallor.
3. Looking better also makes me feel better about myself. It's not about vanity really. It's just that I know my every flaw and would rather not let everyone know about them. So I guess you could call it insecurity, this hiding behind a mask.
4. And as for skincare... well good skin takes attention away from less-than-perfect features, and bad skin can spoil even the prettiest faces. Hence my obsession with skincare.
ying @ 3:39 PM
Comments:
hi! with regards to the lifecella mask again, how long do you leave it on? longer than the stipulated 20mins??
It's 100% justified!! :) Just a suggestion, you can try swapping in MUA esp for MAC foundation (which I reckon you are still using)?? I believe having a good skincare regime is impt for every individual. Foundation & loose powder are essential since you are doing modelling & everybody will notice your skin & makeup which makes the slightest bump so magnified with their naked eyes!! Cheaper alternatives of eyeshadow/blusher/lipgloss?? - Renee :)
Haha. I suppose it takes a fanatic to understand. :P Men would probably say we're being frivolous. I don't swap anymore, mainly because I don't impulse buy anymore (hence no new stuff to get rid of) and because I swapped away everything that anyone would want. Only have junk left! Heh. Nowadays I shop wisely by getting my bargains from auctions or forums, or only at sales. :)
Yep I do agree that for colours it's possible to use cheap but good products. Actually I don't even buy colours anymore - I have so much from the makeup-buying frenzy I was into, so I just use what I already have. I don't think I'll ever finish it all!
You can always grab those nice asos buys from auction. Whenever I look thru every now & then. The auction price for the items are so ex!! Some even marked up much higher than the actual purchase price as indicated from the website. I remembered I bought a heart shape necklace for prolly lesser than $25 but auction is selling for $50 odd.. *gasp* - Ade
YEAH it's ridiculous how they mark up the stuff in auctions. I refuse to buy anything that's overpriced. All my ASOS stuff are bargains, either from online spree direct from ASOS (and I'm too cheap to buy stuff that's full price, I only buy stuff on sale) or when I see someone selling cheap. Heh. Check out www.livejournal.com/~sgspree for all the sprees. More sprees than cozycot!
Hi :) Thanks! I know, but I use the L'oreal Double Extension on an almost daily basis, and I pile it on for work as well, so it gets used up really fast. Plus, it's a lengthening formula which tends to dry up faster than most other mascaras so it's usually too dry by the end of 2 months. :/
Is L'oreal double extension really so good?? I am not much of a mascara user, only use it when there's functions or when I feel "vain" :P Have you tried dramatical mascara base? Heard it's good.. I have very sparse & thin lashes so I need something more voluminizing (lengthening will be a bonus). - Ade
Yep it's the best I've ever tried, but then everyone has different needs. I don't like volumising mascaras because the formula is heavier and clump-prone, plus it ends up weighing my curled lashes down. I need something light yet effective, which the L'oreal Double Extension is - it lengthens, defines, and it holds a curl. Curled, defined lashes make an amazing difference so I never ever skip the mascara step. :P
Haven't tried the dramatical because I hear it can be clumpy for some people.
You have fluffy lashes!! So that makes the difference. Some mascara are sooo wet & clumpy that after application my eyelash seems to only have 4 pathetic lashes left!! GRR
Oh my gosh.... u and my gf should never meet coz she's equally crazy about make up as you are. And knowing girls, you'll both drag each other to make up booths and basically clean up your bank accounts. Haha
Just for the record, she's crazy about Shu Uemura's eyebrow pencil, Biotherm's line peel and facial products as well as errrrmmmm every mascara and eye shadow in the entire world. I swear she thinks she has like a gazillion eyes.
Oh... and I'll definitely tell her about this coming Metro sale. She went for the recent one I think and also for some specials at Shu Uemura because of bday discount or something. *rolls eyes*