Just got back from an assignment. This is what we had to wear:

Quite tacky, really, but I suppose there's some comfort in the fact that it wasn't too skimpy. I did brownish smoky eyes for the event:

The colours are a little skewed because of the yellow light, but basically I used a gold highlighter (DiorGlam palette) as a base all the way to the browbone, a shimmery gilded brown (MAC pigment in Tan) on the entire lid, a blackened red with gold sparkles (MAC Beauty Marked eyeshadow), a brown eyeliner pencil with gold shimmer (MAC Teddy eye kohl), and two coats of L'oreal Double Extension mascara in black.

The smoky effect isn't that obvious in pics because of the strong flash. Oh well. But I love my eyes anyway! There aren't a lot of things I love about myself, but I'm happy at least that I have (reasonably) long eyelashes, defined double eyelids, and (quite) big eyes. Yay.
~~~♥♥~~~Edit at 7am:
On Sunday night I fell violently ill (well as violently ill as one can possibly be with the flu). I'm thinking it's perhaps my body's not-so-subtle way of telling me to cut back on the alcohol. I went to bed with a tickly throat, and slept fitfully. The weather didn't help - it was raining and miserably cold for a change. And being down with the flu just meant that I was more sensitive to the cold.
I kept waking up because I was shivering from the cold. Actually, quaking would have been a better word. Never have I been so cold that my entire body shook and my teeth chattered. I eventually dragged myself out of bed and pulled on a pair of sweatpants and a jacket. But that wasn't enough, and I still kept waking up because I was too cold. I wound up sleeping with the fans off, but still didn't catch much sleep. It was an utterly miserable night.
I woke up from that feeling like I was on sedatives - I was all groggy and my brain didn't seem to be functioning properly. I whined a bit to the boy and surprise, surprise.
"Would it make you feel better if I came over?"
What, are you kidding? Of course la! Just the very thought was enough to energize me for work. I'd been dreading it because I was feeling so awful, but then the prospect of seeing him after work was enough to pick me up. How sweet is my boyfriend?
So he picked me up after work, we collapsed into bed, and spent the cold night in each other's arms. I woke up to find him gazing at me and smothering me with cuddles and sweet words. That boy's gone a little mad I think. Me, pretty at 7am in the morning? Absolutely raving mad. But it's lovely being made to feel cherished and loved - something that he's been doing more and more of. It's just a pity his job doesn't allow us to spend more time together. When he had to leave for work, I walked (or rather, stumbled blearily in my half-awaken state) him to his bike - a routine that we established a few months ago. Anything to stretch our time together, I suppose.
Damn, I love that boy.
ying @ 12:49 AM