Life & Times of Michael K, J.M. Coetzee
Survival in Auschwitz, Primo Levi
A Nice Girl Like Me, Abigail Bosanko
The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis
The Hot Zone, Richard Preston
Sash :: Definitely not a prude
Izzy :: Bold and brash enough to tell it like it is
Kenny :: Possibly the funniest guy from across the Causeway
Sophie :: She doesn't update often, but when she does, you're in for a good time
Mari :: Provocative, and in a good way - she churns out insightful entries that gets you thinking
Bryanboy :: Paris Hilton, reincarnated as a gay, asian twink? Hell yes.
Rockson :: Very Singaporean and very vulgar
PostSecret :: Where people send in their deepest, darkest secrets on the back of a postcard
SGSecrets :: Singaporeans unlock the skeletons in their closets
ITalk2Much :: If you need a little something new to read everyday, or if you like it when women get catty...
Tomorrow :: The latest and juiciest in the local blogging world
since August 15, 2005
---» PROFILE Everything you need to know and then some.
Name :: Ying
DOB :: 9 May 1984
Status :: In a relationship
Occupation :: Undergrad
♥ Fun :: Travelling, cuddling on a rainy day, surprises, intellectual stimulation, taking photographs, crafting, designing, reading a good book at the beach, dancing, watching people dance, meeting interesting people, checking out exhibitions and fairs
♥ Food :: Thai mango sticky rice, Chinese double-boiled soups, BK chicken caesar salad, brownies and ice cream, Gelare waffles, Subway meals, creamy prawn pasta, Crystal Jade congee and dumplings, Hawaiian anything
♥ Fancies :: Makeup, massages, shopping sprees, facials, lingerie, manicures & pedicures
♥ Flow :: R&B, hiphop, jazz, pop, live bands
---» HOOK UP You can find me if I want to be found.
MSN :: feine84@msn.com
Email :: feine84@yahoo.com.sg
Friendster :: My account
---» GALLERY Newest photos hosted by Flickr. More can be found here.
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to be sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one - not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safely in the casket or the coffin of your selfishness. But, in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, unredeemable. The only place outside heaven where you can be safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love, is hell.
- The Four Loves, C.S. Lewis
Saturday, September 24, 2005
FHM@Marina Bay
Made some relatively easy money today - we were supposed to be posing for pictures, but as it turned out, the crowd was thin and we spent most of our time relaxing, chatting, and downing (free) beer.
I was sort of nursing a hangover from the previous night; I say "sort of" because I don't get hungover, or any of that head-throbbing business. But the alcohol tends to stay in my system for an entire day after it's been imbibed. It's probably got a whole lot to do with the amount I drink - last night I shared five jugs of bourbon coke/whiskey dry with the boy at Chinablack. Not exactly my poison of choice, but it was cheap.
Given that I was still a little stoned from last night's partying, I had no intention at all of downing any more alcohol. Unfortunately, the guy manning the bar was a raving alcoholic hell-bent on turning everyone else around him into one as well. I asked for iced water but was flatly refused, and had a bottle of Moosehead beer (this was actually nice! And I don't even usually like beer) pressed into my hand. When I finished this and asked for iced water again, I was verbally armwrestled ("Hangovers have to be fed with alcohol. Water will only make a hangover worse. Really.") into accepting Johnny Walker Black Label mixed with Perrier. Now I'm a little doubtful about the logic of that argument but it's not as if I really mind the free alcohol. Mmm, yummy.
So the afternoon passed in a wonderful haze of beer and whiskey, and towards the end, some sprite and coke. In between, we took plenty of photos, but I only managed to get my hands on a few.
This is what you get for five bucks - a photo with us, printed out in magazine cover style:
Some photos sold:
ying @ 9:07 PM
Comments:
hey babe,
looks like u had fun! not gonna terminate ur contract already? :)
I actually do enjoy my job, it's just other aspects of it that I don't really like sometimes (being lied to, being underpaid, etc) but for the time being, we've sort of settled on a compromise. :)