I haven't been this happy in ages.
Last night on MSN I bombarded the boy with gleeful exclamations of "happy happy happy!", "life is beyoooootiful!" and "i'm happy."
I'm tired from school and work but I've never been happier. As I told him in plain terms:
♥ I've got great parents.
♥ I've got a great boyfriend.
♥ I've got great friends.
♥ School's been great.
♥ I'm earning my own money.
♥ I'm enjoying what I do and having fun.
♥ I'm meeting new people and making more friends.
What more could I ask for, really?
~~~♥♥~~~WorkI did my first liquor promo gig on Thursday night. It would be more accurate to say I'd been armwrestled into doing it, because I really didn't want to do it. Not because I didn't like the nature of the job per se, but because I would be doing it alone. I'd much rather have started off with a partner, someone more experienced who could look out for me and show me the ropes.
Still, I'm quite glad that I allowed Jeffrey to coerce me into it. I had lots of fun, and it wasn't sleazy at all. The people I met were surprisingly well-educated (although I really shouldn't have expected anything less of people who indulged in expensive liquor) and I enjoyed the intelligent conversation. They were all successful people in their own right so it'd be interesting to see where all this networking leads me to in the future.
On Friday I had another liquor promo at a different place, but this time with a senior girl, Kathie. Again, I had fun. Drinking is part of the job, but it's something that I do because I want to rather than because I have to. I've developed a taste for expensive liquor; I can't imagine downing cheap housepours or shots anymore, which can only be bad news for my pocket. But all's good, because I'll be doing liquor promo on weekends so I can always club after work, after having had my fill of free whiskey. Wooooot!
For the weekend I'll be working at the army roadshow in town. Doesn't pay as well as liquor promo, plus it's ten times more tiring having to stand around giving flyers, but on the bright side, at least my liver gets to rest.
The best bit? I got myself a tuition assignment, and from the most unlikely student too. I was partnering Seraphina for the flyer gig yesterday and she mentioned that she was looking for a tutor. So starting next week I'll be going to her place twice a week. That's an extra $100 a week - yay!
ying @ 9:07 AM