Amazingly, I managed to wake up for breakfast, to pack my stuff for the beach later, and to attend my 8am class on time. How's that for discipline? Wooooot.
I've kept a pretty decent record so far - it's week 2 of the semester and I've attended most of my classes. The two exceptions are last week's introductory lecture for EL2101 and this week's PH2110.
I can handle the fact that my lecturer for the English module speaks with a Hongkie accent, but the way he goes on at length about things that could easily have been summed up in a sentence or two just drives me crazy. He took one hour alone to cover a single paragraph in his lecture handouts. Can you fault me then for grabbing my bag and walking out during the mid-lecture break? Sigh.
I love PH2110 but the lecture notes are so self-explanatory and comprehensive that it's really tempting to just read them in my own time. That'd save me quite some time too. Last week's lecture was interesting and engaging but the pace was a little too slow for my liking - the lecturer lingered over each example, explaining them in-depth for the benefit of the non-Arts students. Well, that's the excuse he gave anyway for going so slowly.
Anyway. It seems as if I've got enough discipline to drag myself out of bed and attend lessons, but not quite enough to actually pay attention in class. Whoops. I'm trying, I really am. I've got my laptop with me and I'm typing notes furiously. But the topic's all too familiar (European Nationalisms - I've done this half my life!) and the lecturer's giving a very broad introduction (ie slow, simple, nothing I haven't heard before...) to the topic, and I'm bored stiff. So I'm multi-tasking by blogging, surfing, and then of course, taking notes.
Eagerly anticipating the end of class! Gotta run some errands first before I can run for the beach though - send out a package, meet a seller for my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, pack lunch from Arts Canteen, print more readings/notes, tutorial balloting...
Beach essentials:
♥ Sunblock
♥ Bikini (I was too tired to do my laundry last night so I'm wearing the free bikini from STYLE - but it's really pretty!)
♥ Digicam - hopefully I'll be able to snap some pretty shots of the sun, sand, and sea.
♥ Mat
♥ Laptop - probably no wireless internet at Sentosa, but I can always work on a new design, blog, or type notes.
♥ Reading materials - I packed a Literature text and some History readings.
♥ FOOD!
ying @ 8:53 AM