Yes, it's finally happened. I've conformed. I've been typing in lowercase letters for what seems like eternity - I can't explain it, but it just felt right. Of late I've been feeling compelled to type "properly"; out of respect for the English language, perhaps. It's a minor stylistic concern, really, but I've come to care so much for the language that it seems almost sacrilegious to veer even this little bit from the orthodox path. Anyway...
TuesdayAnother uneventful day unworthy of much mention. Next.
WednesdayObservationsI sat in for a 1E Literature class. The boys' hormones were in overdrive - they took turns to crack bawdy jokes every other minute. Quite exasperating, really. The lesson itself was nothing extraordinary. The students had been assigned a chapter to read in preparation for their class. The lesson itself was spent asking them questions about the text, pointing out key details, and finally, getting them to draw a sketch of the characters based on whatever information they could glean from their reading.
Nothing too difficult, which is good... because I'll be teaching the next chapter next week to another 1E class. I'm really looking forward to it. The kids are quite adorable really, especially the little ones sitting in front. Their cherubic faces and impish grins could melt an iron heart.
CommencementThe boy had his graduation ceremony in the evening. It was to be the very first time I met his mother. I'd been dreading the encounter because he always makes her out to be very difficult. It doesn't help that I don't open up easily to strangers.
All in all, it didn't go too badly. She's much nicer than I expected, and quite amusing too. I don't think she realises it, but she tends to make faces at people who rub her the wrong way. She was trying to take a picture of us, but there were just too many people who got in the way, and everytime that happened she would shoot them a dirty look or scrunch up her face in a most annoyed manner. Hilarious.
We didn't take many pictures because the boy's digicam was low on battery, and as for mine... it's been held hostage by twerp for what seems like absolutely forever. Has it been two months already? I feel a little lost without my sleek little baby. My webcam and phone camera are far too inferior as substitutes.
ThursdayEHOCFun, fun, fun. We spent the evening filming Cluedo. I'm supposed to a meek, somewhat deranged girl who's always being victimised and bullied by everyone else. My only friend is Rachel, and I have issues with Ian, whom I think is a lousy piece of shit and good-for-nothing PNP-er. I also bear a grudge against Xilin, who takes sick pleasure in tormenting me.
I was involved in two scenes yesterday - one in my room (which was actually Rachel's since my own room was too messy to be filmed) and another in the EHOC room. I shan't bore you with any more details - just take my word for it that it was an immensely enjoyable experience.
We had an EHOC dinner too! Pizza, fries, chicken wings... over lots of sick jokes and stories that'd make your toes curl and your ears turn red.
ying @ 11:14 PM