Life & Times of Michael K, J.M. Coetzee
Survival in Auschwitz, Primo Levi
A Nice Girl Like Me, Abigail Bosanko
The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis
The Hot Zone, Richard Preston
Sash :: Definitely not a prude
Izzy :: Bold and brash enough to tell it like it is
Kenny :: Possibly the funniest guy from across the Causeway
Sophie :: She doesn't update often, but when she does, you're in for a good time
Mari :: Provocative, and in a good way - she churns out insightful entries that gets you thinking
Bryanboy :: Paris Hilton, reincarnated as a gay, asian twink? Hell yes.
Rockson :: Very Singaporean and very vulgar
PostSecret :: Where people send in their deepest, darkest secrets on the back of a postcard
SGSecrets :: Singaporeans unlock the skeletons in their closets
ITalk2Much :: If you need a little something new to read everyday, or if you like it when women get catty...
Tomorrow :: The latest and juiciest in the local blogging world
since August 15, 2005
---» PROFILE Everything you need to know and then some.
Name :: Ying
DOB :: 9 May 1984
Status :: In a relationship
Occupation :: Undergrad
♥ Fun :: Travelling, cuddling on a rainy day, surprises, intellectual stimulation, taking photographs, crafting, designing, reading a good book at the beach, dancing, watching people dance, meeting interesting people, checking out exhibitions and fairs
♥ Food :: Thai mango sticky rice, Chinese double-boiled soups, BK chicken caesar salad, brownies and ice cream, Gelare waffles, Subway meals, creamy prawn pasta, Crystal Jade congee and dumplings, Hawaiian anything
♥ Fancies :: Makeup, massages, shopping sprees, facials, lingerie, manicures & pedicures
♥ Flow :: R&B, hiphop, jazz, pop, live bands
---» HOOK UP You can find me if I want to be found.
MSN :: feine84@msn.com
Email :: feine84@yahoo.com.sg
Friendster :: My account
---» GALLERY Newest photos hosted by Flickr. More can be found here.
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to be sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one - not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safely in the casket or the coffin of your selfishness. But, in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, unredeemable. The only place outside heaven where you can be safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love, is hell.
- The Four Loves, C.S. Lewis
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Pick me up
A combination of some very good reasons to indulge in retail therapy resulted in the following purchases:
EHOC
It's been an unbelievably hectic week - game after game and event after event. I've been surviving on very little sleep and living on pure ra-ra alone. I've shouted myself hoarse from all the cheering but it's been immensely fulfilling. Seeing the freshmen respond and watching them hold their own against the seniors made my heart swell up in pride. It didn't even matter that attendance has been a record low for a camp that we spent months preparing for - the few freshmen who turned up did us proud. Never mind the quantity; the quality was way up there and that's more than enough.
Next week will be less packed, but no less exciting. Rag and Flag, and a post-rag bash! Dance, getting to know the freshmen better, partying... sounds like fun to me.
R.I.P.
I lost my phone. It's a very short story, but I'm rather too shamefaced to repeat it. Sigh. I left it in the toilet while at a JCM gig on Saturday, and by the time I realised what I'd done, it was too late. The phone was gone when I rushed back, and it had been switched off by whomever had found it. !@#$ asshole.
Oh well. I really have no one to blame but myself. I'm a total klutz and a total airhead when it comes to my possessions. This is the third phone that I'm going to replace in this year alone. The first one I killed when I dropped it into the toilet bowl; the second was stolen in a club, and now this one. The boy throttled me when he heard about my latest misadventure and now I'm only allowed to use cheap phones. Sniff.
MOE
We finally got our maintenance allowance from MOE. $5,750. Enough said. Reason enough to hit the shops!
In summary
To celebrate the success of Orientation, to reward myself for having survived the week, to cheer myself up after having lost my phone, and facilitated by the money from MOE that finally came in...